We are looking for an Executive Director for Families for HoPE!
Executive Director Job Description
Summary: Families for HoPE (FFH) is a nonprofit organization seeking to address the needs of families and children diagnosed with holoprosencephaly and related brain malformations. The primary programs of FFH include bi-annual conferences, social media support groups, accurate medical information distribution, and one-on-one support for caregivers. FFH is seeking a passionate, organized individual to help spread hope to families affected by a holoprosencephaly diagnosis. The Executive Director job is currently part-time and does not include benefits.
Job purpose: To engage the community in the mission of Families for HoPE through outreach, education, and support. The Executive Director is responsible for honoring the history of the organization while finding ways to expand its reach. A successful director will balance administrative duties such as fund raising and marketing with programmatic duties such as family engagement and medical outreach.
Job responsibilities (not in order of importance):
• Coordinate volunteers
• Recruit, supervise, and appreciate the organization’s volunteers. Find meaningful volunteer work that honors both the mission of the organization and the talents of the individual. This includes working with the Board of Directors, the Parent Advocacy Group, and other advisory bodies to ensure the future sustainability of FFH. The ED will also help cultivate potential members for the Board of Directors.
• Organize fundraising materials and efforts
• Together with the Board of Directors, develop and implement an annual fundraising plan including grant submission schedules, appeal letter targets, and donor cultivation efforts.
• Ensure all board members are well supplied with materials and educated on current fundraising efforts and vehicles for charitable giving.
• Receive new families
• Work with the Parent Advocacy Group to ensure new families receive appropriate welcome packets and are connected to social media groups, and other needed resources.
• Manage database
• Use Bloomerang to receive new families, maintain current contact information, communicate with the public, and engage supporters.
The Executive Director must also:
• Submit reports on time and in a format acceptable to the Board of Directors.
• Work with the Treasurer to ensure proper handling and reports of all funds.
• Keep organization documents and records safe and easily accessible by the appropriate parties.
Minimum Qualifications include:
• Bachelor Degree or 4 years or more work experience in not-for-profit management.
• Project management experience
• Fundraising experience
• Cover letter
• Three (3) references
Applications will be accepted until 5pm EDT on July 15, 2021.