Halloween can be a challenge for parents, and there are so many uncertainties that we face.
- What costume?
- Will it keep my child warm enough?
- How do we incorporate the wheelchair into the costume?
- How do we get to the front door if there are steps?
- My child has a g-tube, so what do we do with all of this candy?
- We won’t spend this Halloween in the hospital again, will we?
Even with the challenges, we push forward, we make plans, and we create great memories with our children. And sometimes, our kids end up with the best costumes in the neighborhood!
Do you have a Halloween memory you would like to share? If so, please comment below and share your memory. If you would like to share a photo of your child in a costume, please send the photo to info@FamiliesforHoPE.org.
Everyone have fun, stay safe, and don’t go to bed with a tummy ache!